We have an active and supportive parents’ association, the Friends of Temple Sowerby School (FoTSS), which organises a range of events each year to raise funds for the school. Examples of these fundraising events include:
- summer barbecue
- auction of promises
- village hall ceilidh
- bingo nights
- Macmillan Coffee Morning
- refreshments at the Kwik Cricket tournament
- helping with the annual Milburn duck race
- school discos
- supporting our local food bank through our reverse advent calendar
These activities help to raise funds for the benefit of the children at Temple Sowerby CE Primary School. For example, FoTSS have donated funds towards the purchase of new Chromebook computers, contributed to the development of a new school garden and recently purchased new books.
You can find out more about FoTSS activities in their most up to date newsletter, available to view here: FoTSS Update Nov-20
A quick an easy way that anyone can help support FoTSS with their fundraising is by signing up to ‘Easy Fundraising’ and raising donations as you shop. There are over 4,000 shops and sites on board ready to make a donation, including eBay, Argos, John Lewis, ASOS, Booking.com and M&S. There are no catches or hidden charges and it won’t cost you a penny extra to help raise funds.
All you need to do is:
- Join for free at: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/tempsowsch/
- Every time you shop online, go to easyfundraising first to find the site you want and start shopping.
- After you’ve checked out, the retailer will make a donation to Temple Sowerby C of E School at no extra cost to you whatsoever!